PlayAbility welcomes and values your feedback.   It is a vital component of our monitoring and review process and enables our service to evolve and improve.

“If you tell us we will try to fix it.”

If you are not happy with any part of your service, you have the right to complain to us. We welcome any complaints or suggestions, because it helps us provide a better service.  Your service will not be negatively affected by any complaint you raise and in fact we hope it will be improved.


How do I make a complaint?

Often problems can be sorted out by talking to the Key Worker or to another staff member at this service.  If you are not comfortable talking to your Key Worker you can fill in our feedback form and drop it into the feedback box in our Bega or Eden centre.  You can also email, text, write a letter to your Key Worker or the Manager, or alternatively fill in our online form here at any time.  

Advocate/Support person to make a complaint - you don't have to do it alone

Clients will be supported and encouraged to have an advocate with them, or act on their behalf, during any part of the feedback process.


If the problem is not solved by your Key Worker

If the problem is not solved, the next step is to speak to the Service Manager or put the complaint in writing to the Service Manager. If you need help in writing your complaint, we will provide it, or arrange for someone to help you.


How long will it take to get an answer?

The Manager will try to solve the problem as soon as possible. The longest it should take is fourteen days. You will be provided with a clear and detailed explanation on the outcome of any complaint.


What if I am not happy with the Manager’s decision?

If you are not happy with the decision, you will be advised and have access to information on how to take the complaint to the Committee of PlayAbility. An advocate can be taken to this meeting if you wish.


What if I am still not happy?

The next step would be to contact the NSW Ombudsman. 

Further information about the NSW Ombudsman can be found at or by calling (02) 9286 1000 or 1800 451 524 (rural/regional callers only).


You can email complaints to: Fax: 02 9283 2911.

NDIS Complaints Process 

The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission (NDIS Commission) is a new independent Commonwealth agency established to improve the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services. For information about making a complaint, visit or by calling 1800 035 544.


Services available to assist you to make a complaint with the Ombudsman and NDIS

If you are a non-English speaking person, they can help through theTranslating and Interpreter Service (TIS) on 131 450.

If you are deaf, have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact them through the National Relay Service: TTY users phone 02 9264 8050.

Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 02 9286 1000.

NRS Internet relay users connect then ask for 02 9286 1000.

They have fact sheets in many community languages and can provide copies of a large print information booklet.



Please talk to any PlayAbility staff member if you need additional help.  We can also provide large print or audio versions of any of our forms and information.

For Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (C.A.L.D.) clients, as with all communication with PlayAbility, we can assist and support you with interpretive services or support can be provided to clients with a visual or auditory disability as needed. 

If you would like more detailed information please ask us for a copy of our “Feedback and Complaints Policy” or download it here.